Tuesday, February 28, 2012

There Will Be Skyrim Mods, Dammit

Downloaded the Creation Kit sometime last week and it's consumed my very soul. Heh. Always wanted to do things in Morrowind or Oblivion—never did. This time I will! Skyrim shall feel my touch if not my wrath. But it's not being friendly.

Was up til 6am Sunday trapsing through things that weren't my fault. I really thought they were so I pushed. After a brief sleep I decided to hit the forums and found it wasn't me. That others have seen some of what I was banging my head against for a couple of weeks. *doh*

I had put Steam offline so I could tinker with files then turned it back on today. Got a little update! Looked for news on the site and forums, but nothing. Not sure what it did. Until I went to the Data Files:


Yay! Some explicit ordering. At least in appearances. This could solve a few problems I've encountered. For right now it means uncertainty. An excellent post on the forums had stuff figured out but now it has to be reviewed.

Did try to subscribe to the Spaceman thing via the Workshop but it wouldn't work. Not sure if it's Steam's fault or the client. Steam was pissed off though:


Despite this the Skyrim patch did go through so I'm confused. Maybe it was the connection to the Workshop. Whatever. Mod'ing is still to hackery to have anything so polished as the Workshop trying to oversee things. Good idea, though. Maybe it will work out.

On a side note, as an ex-Mormon I was a little unnerved to see an article on Steam about Skyrim and BYU. Turns out the mens choir did something that I'll have to go look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment