Monday, November 13, 2017

The Saddle

It's been a very long time since I've done any modding in the Bethesda realms. It took so long for the Fallout 4 Creation Kit to be released I'd never even downloaded it. Yet the recent Creation Club drama got me thinking about it. Been bored in Warcraft waiting on a new content patch so I decided it's time to poke around again.

With fresh installs I naturally got an error immediately. Since I tried to use all the DLCs in Skyrim, the CK wouldn't cooperate. It's always seemed strange that by default the official tool used to create both Skyrim and Fallout doesn't support multiple masters.

Figured relearning the ins-and-outs of modding again will give me something to write about. So my first entry is about how to make the CK work the way it should. Which boils down to adding one entry to the [General] section of CreationKit.ini:
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1
Barely worth posting but I did have to look it up. What will be next?

No comments:

Post a Comment