Sunday, February 17, 2013

Skyrim Main Forced Into Early Retirement

My "Main Character" Aenara has started crashing pretty regularly now that she's level 53. It's pretty frustrating since I've taken care to avoid adding mods to her saves. The file itself doesn't seem terribly bloated as it's up 13.3mb with all three DLCs going. Turned off all the auto-saves and made a clean save before Dragonborn downloaded.

The debug logs do show a repeating problem with "dunBluePalaceArenaSCRIPT". A Google search turned up a thread on Nexus that said they were having the same problem. That thread goes on to identify a number of different conflicts and mod issues. Since it's a Scripting error inside an OnUpdate() event there's nothing that can be done. The "solution" is to revert to a save before doing the Mind of Madness quest. *sigh*

This is the reason for my Papyrus rant earlier today. It's also prompting me to take a very active role in what mods are used and quests are completed on my next "Main." Not going to activate the DLCs until I'm ready for them. I may not use Hearthfire at all since it seems to be the source of many scripting errors and save game bloat.

Going to make my own esp for custom resources. Initially I'll have one of Apachii's male hairs and Krisan's glowing eyes. I've also built a custom blend of textures based on Vano89's Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized. Going to get a game going with nothing else. Need to do reading and research before getting attached to another character again.

No comments:

Post a Comment