Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tick-Tock, Dragonborn

Ended up pre-ordering Dragonborn from Green Man Gaming since they had it for $16. While it's only four dollars less it's the principle of the thing. I hate how the DLC concept drives the industry. Bethesda hasn't milked it like Capcom or most EA game yet it I'm loathe to contribute. Usually I'm fine waiting a couple of months until they go on sale. But … yeah. This is Skyrim.

Got an eMail from GMG about an hour ago with the key. According to Steam it unlocks in less than two hours. I spent some time last night clearing up my main character's file. Finished the Dawnguard story line, dismissed Serana, sold of some junk, did some Smithing, et cetera. Also got the Skyrim directory cleared out. I actually have ten different characters so it took time to get their saves compressed and add-ons organized.

Then there was the Clean Save process. I've been pretty good about trying out mods with the other toons while keeping few on Aenara. Currently she's attached only to the official DLCs, the Portal 2 mod, and the Shadow Striping Fix. I like the SSF since it doesn't use scripts or have any resources. I attached my own BSA to it with custom meshes and textures. I hate loose files. All of this made it easy to clean-up and prepare for Dragonborn.

It's going to be difficult to play without SkyUI and Categorized Favorites Menu. The geniuses at SKSE code so fast hopefully it will be back soon. And I really, really hope this doesn't break Wrye Bash for too long. Then there's the CK... how long will it be til it gets updated? And what new functions and resources will be available to mod with?! *excitement*

No comments:

Post a Comment