Tuesday, October 9, 2012

LFR Opens Today... To Queue or to QQ

The Druid and the Death Knight are both at around iLevel 460 so I believe they will be able to queue for LFR. Not sure I will today. As a tank I have a lot more looking around and learning to do. And if I'm clueless, I'm sure 90% of the people that queue will be worse. I've been seeing DPS roll on healing items just to bump up their iLevel. *sigh*

Will try another round of manually q'ing for gear. Thankfully both have their weapons. The DK picked up a Goresoaked Headreaper last night. Not optimal but I kept losing the ones with Mastery to DPS. The Druid lucked out. All the pain of leveling Archaeology finally paid off as she managed to assemble a Spear of Xuen. Apparently it's pretty common as three other people in guild already have it. Pretty powerful weapon that will be great to hand down to a monk at level 85.

While Sco, GM of Method, claimed, "What's the easiest class/spec in the game? Guardian Druid" on his stream I would disagree. Sure, as a Warrior he has a lot of tricks available. And when he was able to face-roll heroics with a cast sequence macro it's understandable. Yet that's not how the druid works anymore. Savage Defense is completely revamped and requires active thought since it's for melee tanking while Frenzied Regeneration helps mitigate non-melee damage. The official forms and Tank Spot went over this pretty well.

Definitely enjoy both yet the tanking DK is still my favorite. Rage tanking mechanics are still pretty flakey compared to runic power generation. Rune Strike is also a guaranteed follow-up after a taunt. I do miss the mobility yet the DK's positioning is still wonderful with Death Grip and Gorefiend's Grasp along with dropping Death and Decay ranged. Admittedly tanking without a shield is still novel.

Speaking of novelty... going to level a Brewmaster monk. Dizzying Haze... seriously!?

No comments:

Post a Comment