Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Time To Work Out a UI

I'd been into interface add-ons since inception. Blizzard added huge amounts of longevity to WoW by having an XML-based interface with a scripting language behind it. Not only does it allow players to customize their experience but it gives Blizz a whole community of free developers to enhance their game.

Yet somewhere after Ulduar in Wrath I really gave up. It was so frustrating relying on certain "third-party tools" for healing to tanking when they caused errors or lag. So for the later part of Wrath and all through Cata I was very minimalist. Only Recount for analysis, TellMeWhen for reactives, and DBM for bosses. It made patch days a lot less awful.

With all the people I watch streaming now I've been feeling the pull back into customizing. A few days before MoP launch Lore did a Step-By-Step of his UI creation which sold me. I was already into about half of what he was doing. Now I'm going to work out the other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment