Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Know More About How Little I Know

So I got up early and managed to get the rather large bonus for building that ship. Naturally I found out during the day that I could have done it 10x easier. Basically I could have flown the blueprint and materials to the next system where queue times were reasonable. Once it was completed I could have assembled it and flown it back to the quest giver's station. Once there, I would simply "repackage" it then complete the quest. Could have bought a shuttle to fly back and pick up my main ship. *sigh*

WHERE CAN I FIND SIMPLE, EXTREMELY HELPFUL TIPS AND INFORMATION LIKE THIS?!!?

Anyway. I really do enjoy the granularity of the information in this game. Like the Wallet has an accounting system built-in! Pulled up the journal entries for the day and noticed that the corporation gets to tax me on any mission rewards over 100kISK! They've been really helpful so I don't mind, but I certainly wouldn't have known that happens.

Unlike most fantasy MMO there's not one "magical bank" that can store your stuff and have it all available from any town you visit. Each station has a hangar and whatever goods you store there are only available there. Figured I'd better get a spreadsheet going but I found there's a searchable Asset tracker that will list everything you have and allow you to set warp destinations to get there easily. There are even accessories! When not playing windowed, it is nice having a calculator and notebook to pop-up.

Got out and involved with the Corp a little more. Being so new I'm not much use. I can't mine as fast, ship as much, nor effectively fight. I really wanted to get more of the Career Missions done but I felt it was good to see what people were up to. They were mining out in a 0.7 space six jumps away but it wasn't too difficult getting out there. For whatever reason it never dawned on my that I could outfit two mining lasers so thankfully I didn't look like a total fool when I showed up.

Even though my contribution was minimal the CEO still gave me $1mISK, nearly doubling the amount of money I had. When I got back to the scrub asteroid belts I also took screenshots of whomever was out there mining. I eMailed 31 recruitment notes out and the CEO gave me another $2mISK! Did get one person to join that way, and he's a little chatter-box.

After spending time with the more accomplished players I realize who little I can effectively do. And I have at least four more days before I have enough skills trained to get a respectable mining craft. That's damn frustrating. The CEO said he'll get a big miner for me to use once I have the skills. Need to get back to doing some missions that I can do while the skills crawl by.

No comments:

Post a Comment