Friday, May 20, 2011

Steam Powered!

Decided to join Steam a few days ago when I found some RIFT friends had lost interest. They were using the Steam client so I figured I would use it to stay in touch. Pretty smart marketing tool. It tracks when you're playing, what you've bought, and helps post screen-shots—all to entice your friends. They have a variety of sales they remind you about at every opportunity. There are even group purchases you can make then share licenses with friends. Damn smart.

Looks like they're giving Dark Spore a shot. I played for a couple of hours in beta. Was very polished and it seemed to have a lot of addictive elements. In the end if felt like it was going to share the Diablo niche. Not going to get into that mess again until Diablo 3 is actually out. *giggle*

Steam does have EVE on sale this weekend for $5. While there is a free 14-day trial I feel like going for the whole thing when it's such a reasonable price. I've meant to try EVE out for year but never gotten around to it. Thinking Monday will be my first warp into EVE-space. Going to do some research first to maximize my free month.

No comments:

Post a Comment